Chinese Chow Mein Noodle Kit
The ancient spice roads not only delivered new flavours and weathered traders to Thailand but also food styles that have been embraced and transformed to become uniquely Thai. Yet the past is honoured in the traditional names of many dishes that remain popular today. What we know as the Thai Yellow Curry, Kaeng Kari simply translates to Curry; the first word acknowledges the Thai style of curry preparation and the second, its Indian influences. The Thai Yellow Curry offers soft notes of turmeric and mild spice flavours mingled with the true creaminess of coconut milk. So often prepared with potatoes and chicken, it has remained joyfully comforting for all who share in this meal.
In the pack
- Chow Mein Sauce
- Spice Pack – dried chopped Spring Onions & dried cut Chilli
- Ready to use Chow Mein Noodles
You will need
- .5 lb Sliced Chicken, Beef or Pork
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- PREP: Rinse noodles thoroughly in warm water, drain and set aside. Slice your choice of meat and vegetables and set aside.
- COOK: Add meat to a hot and well-oiled wok or frypan, and fry until sealed. Add sliced onion and the spice pack, and fry for 1 minute.
- TOSS: Add prepared noodles with remaining vegetables and toss through. Add Chow Mein Sauce and stir through until well mixed and meat is fully cooked. Serve immediately.
Use 0.5 lb mix of meat and seafood to create your own Restaurant Quality Combination Chow Mein.
|2 Servings per container|
|Serving size||3/4 cup (162 g)|
|Calories||Per serving 250|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|lncl. Added Sugar 12g||24%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Noodles [Water, Wheat Flour, Canola Oil, Salt, Acidity Regulators (Lactic Acid, Sodium Phosphate)]. Chow Mein Sauce [Water, Sugar, Seasoning Sauce (contains Soy)], Rice Wine, Garlic, Tomato Paste, Ginger, Oyster Sauce (contains Wheat, Oyster (Mollusc), Soy], Salt, Onion, Corn Starch, Distilled Vinegar, Colour (Caramel III), Sesame Oil, Spices]. Spice Pack [Dried Spring Onion, Dried Chilli].